What springs to mind when you think about the word 'accept'.
For me I think of say, struggle or on a more positive note  'moving forward'
It's not bloody easy though; like accepting to agree to disagree for instance.. We all find it hard AF, right? It's hard to accept that your loved ones will die one day or less dramatic - the fact your friend didn't see your side in an argument.. but with accepting, you're 'at one' and moving forward.. a pretty good place to be in I'd say. So here I am.. encouraging that!
I made a pack to myself to work on it after reading f**k it- the ultimate spiritual way by John Parkin - self fulfilment and happiness comes from a constant journey of practices and accepting one of these practices for sure.
By accepting I mean, accepting our way of life basically and by accepting small and bigger factors of your life can make life run more smoothly.
Firstly I work on detaching myself - almost daily!
In doing so I'm really able to actually work harder, enjoy my time and I guess completely stand outside of my own self.
Before I leep in, it's important to be in the best place to do it, right?
So just for a few moments, look around you.. sit still.. think about that person next to you..
Your neighbour even, beyond the wall that surrounds you.. All of the people you have seen today.
Are you someone who 'doesn't see past the end of their nose'?
I use to be this person..
With as many as 6.5 billion people earth at this time, you're just one of those 6.5 billion with a problem.
Look down at the ground you're standing on.. Another person created that comfortable flooring for you to walk evenly on.
Did you look at the floor in that way before? That laminated flooring that you chose for your living room was designed and created for you to enjoy.
Think again and on a grander scale - our earth is spinning 67,000 miles per hour around the sun that deliciously warms your skin as you sit with your best friends on a Saturday afternoon with a chilled cider.
That is the very sun that sits at the centre of our solar system that is spinning around the centre of the milky way!
It's most likely that there are countless earths with activity beyond the galaxies that we actually know of; and that's just space!
In terms of life here on earth let alone beyond the stars, you are a tiny spec! [ and that's not to say you are worthless and pointless ] but actually that you are a part of magical miracle and that wasting time on tiny problems on the grand scale of things; well, you don't have time for it!
What a waste of vital time and energy!
All I'm saying is try it.. try and take any problem/situation/general outlook in life, see the positive and accept.. then move on.


Post a Comment

© E M I L I N A. Design by FCD.